Vince Molinaro, Ph.D., is a global leadership adviser, speaker, and researcher on leadership accountability. As the founder and CEO of Leadership Contract Inc., Dr. Molinaro travels the world, helping organizations build vibrant leadership cultures with genuinely accountable leaders.
Vince experienced a defining moment early in his career when he saw a respected colleague and mentor succumb to cancer that she believed was the byproduct of a stressful, toxic work environment. As a result, he has made it his life’s work to confront mediocre and unaccountable leadership boldly.
Today Vince calls out the global leadership crisis and thoughtfully lays out the strategy to address it head-on. His unique combination of provocative storytelling, evidence-based principles, and grounded practicality has leaders at all levels stepping up to fulfill their obligations to drive the success of their organizations.
He is a New York Times best-selling author and has published several books, including Accountable Leaders (Wiley, 2020), The Leadership Contract (3rd ed., Wiley, 2018), and The Leadership Contract Field Guide (Wiley, 2018). He has also co-authored two other books: Leadership Solutions (Jossey-Bass, 2007) and The Leadership Gap (Wiley, 2005).
Vince lives leadership accountability every day as an entrepreneur and global executive. His research and writing on leadership accountability are featured in some of the world’s leading business publications. He also shares his insights in his Gut Check for Leaders blog and through the Accountable Leaders App available from the Apple and Google App Stores. Vince and his family live near Toronto, Canada.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Vince discuss:
- The relationship between accountability aversion to or fear of conflict.
- Mangers setting the expectation and their relationship to employee engagement.
- Build a community through the individual, the team, and the culture.
- Building trust through dependability and accountability.
- In a leadership role, expect hard work, candid conversation, constructive feedback, and to be managing poor performers.
- Create a culture that perpetuates the solving of problems, resolve conflicts, and moving forward.
- Set clear expectations of your leadership team’s actions and behaviors.
- Behavior leads to culture, perpetuate the culture to impact the environment.
“Accountability begins with you!” — Vince Molinaro
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Vince Molinaro:
Book: The Leadership Contract
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/