Tina Clements is a high-energy, hands-on keynote speaker, author, coach, facilitator, entrepreneur.com contributor, and successful leader. Before launching the BMW Group Joint Venture, The Retail Performance Company, LLC (RPC), in 2013, she worked for 10+ years within the BMW NA Organization and has been in the Learning & Development industry since 1996. She has held leadership positions such as Vice President, Operations Manager, and Training Manager throughout her career. Believing that a company’s success is directly related to the engagement of its people, she excels at moving businesses forward and motivating and growing talent. Tina has worked with HBO, Verizon, CoverGirl, Rolls-Royce, BMW, and IBM. She has always been challenging herself to improve and increase. She has earned her CPC and ELI-MP accreditations, among others, such as DiSC, MBTI, and Langevin. Her clients confirm, she is a communications expert & her books, The ART of Facilitation and Fantastic Facilitation Fails, are a testament to her talent.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Tina Clements discuss:
- Does an external brand of an organization reflect an internal culture
- The Art of Facilitation – Myths and Misconceptions
- Practical tips on how we can be better at leading meetings
- Intuition and how it relates to engagement and retention
- Trust what you know is right—the balance between trusting people and trusting the facts.
- Fear is a disabler of intuition, and courage is an enabler.
- The number one organization to make their people leave is by not telling them anything and not setting any expectations.
- You’re not supposed to know everything. It’s alright to admit if there are questions you don’t have the answers to.
“A successful facilitator will get people to create their data for which they believe, and then they retain it, and they want to deploy it, they want to align with other people, they want to use that data and move forward. That’s the art of facilitation.” — Tina Clements.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Watch The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg: https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_may_shape_who_you_are?language=en
Connect with Tina Clements:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/