Stephen Mitchley is Chief Strategy Officer at Vitality Group, global health and wellness company committed to making people healthier, leading digital and global partner disciplines. As one of the largest wellness companies in the world, Vitality brings a dynamic and diverse perspective through partnerships with the most forward-thinking insurers and employers. Blending industry-leading smart tech, data, incentives, and behavioral science, Vitality inspires healthy changes in individuals and their organizations.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Stephen Mitchley discuss:
- Helping people find more motivations to choose healthily
- Mental health is health care
- Creating inclusivity in society
- Good leadership practices
- Often the fear of death is not enough for people to choose healthily. They need incentives and benefits to be guided towards that effort.
- The most effective way to guide behavior change is to use a mixture of benefit and fear of loss towards a positive goal.
- Health is not just about the body but also of the mind
- Leadership is all about give and take – you can’t give all the answers, and you can’t just keep taking feedback without direction.
“You need excellent facilitation in the discussion, not just the discussion.” — Stephen Mitchley.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Stephen Mitchley:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/