Rex is a principal and the founder of M A Legal. Rex started M A Legal with an immense drive to help his clients achieve success within the framework of the law.
Rex has an extensive legal background holding roles as General Manager and Legal Counsel for a large manufacturing distribution company, Senior Solicitor acting for members of the BRW 1000 Entrepreneurs List, and legal counsel for government bodies and charitable organizations.
He is known for his business acumen and ability to guide clients not only through complex commercial litigation and business negotiation but in their strategic growth and planning needs. He has played a pivotal role in start-ups and existing large enterprises, with his clients comprising real estate moguls and business leaders.
Rex develops a solid rapport with his clients and is driven to achieve the best possible outcomes for them and, in return, has built a significant and loyal following. He is a highly passionate individual who does not do anything in half measures; it takes one look at his collection of motor and boxing memorabilia to know that he will fight for his clients. His lovely demeanor aside, he is fierce and fearless in all his pursuits.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Rex Afrasiabi discuss:
- Learning leadership principles from sports
- Timely advice for business owners
- A lack of motivation due to uncertainty
- Keeping yourself from burning out
- Have a clear objective, have a plan, and have the right people around you, and you’ll find success in whatever you want to do.
- Growth starts with visualizing your ideal destination. Work backward from the goal. Every significant result starts with a small idea.
- The pandemic halted many people’s plans, and many lost their drive and motivation because of the uncertainty they had to face. Realign yourself to what motivated you at the start.
- Set boundaries, let others know when your work is over and be firm and stable with it. When you let people know when you’ll be off, and until what time you’ll be available, you might find that people will respect that.
“Have a balanced lifestyle. Don’t just work non-stop because you’ll burn out; no one can do that and maintain that… you need to realign yourself, focus on what you wanted at the start.” — Rex Afrasiabi.
- The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz
- Working Backwards: Insights, Stories, and Secrets from Inside Amazon by Colin Bryar and Bill Carr
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Rex Afrasiabi:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/