Phil is an entrepreneur, and the founder of SelectSoftware Reviews, a website dedicated to helping HR and Recruiting teams to find and buy the right software through in-depth, expert advice. Phil started his career working in venture capital before getting his MBA from Harvard Business School.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Phil Strazzulla discuss:
- The current issues and trends in today’s hiring atmosphere
- Important factors in job choice – what’s more important than a paycheck?
- How to market your company to the right people
- Finding culture-fit interviewees and developing culture-fitness in employees
- It’s harder to get employees these days – one of the hottest careers that businesses need today are recruiters.
- As an employer or business owner, offer something beyond good compensation – think about culture, values and job significance
- Think about how you can make working for your company exciting.
- Training yourself to see things from other people’s perspectives will increase your chances and frequency of success.
“Always put yourself in the perspective of the person sitting right across the table from you… Think about how you can make that job easier.” — Phil Strazzulla
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Phil Strazzulla:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/