Katharine Halpin grew up in Mississippi in a dysfunctional family. Because she had demonstrated so much leadership at home, her Dad took her to work on Saturday mornings in his CPA firm when she was about 9-years old. From the baggage she accumulated working for her Dad, she has built a body of work to accelerate the growth of people, teams, and companies. She left her CPA career in 1995 to fill a void she saw every day in the workplace. Leaders were focused on the financial and legal aspects of corporate growth but never focused on the people aspects. She is an expert in getting the right people in the right roles, focused on the right priorities. Katharine has been bringing order to chaos since she was 5-years old and she said to herself while standing in her Momma’s messy kitchen, “Somebody has got to make a few decisions around here!”
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Katharine discuss:
- Addressing people issues by developing good habits in self-alignment, positive mindset, personal actions, and team alignment.
- Arriving early and brain dumping for more rational and calmer thought.
- Help everyone by giving them the tools to be successful at work.
- Needs assessment, finding out where the needs and gaps are in business, and helping to build a better future.
- Give up the multitasking, stop racing around, slow down to take care of yourself, and enjoy your family.
- Companies sometimes prohibit growth when their people are in a frenzied maniac mode and don’t feel they have time to balance work and family.
- Get out into nature and elevate your heart rate every day.
- Arrive early, brain dump, calendar, commitments review, project work time, 5p’s, strategic think time, problem solve, delegate, close the gaps.
“Turning obstacles into opportunities and bringing order to chaos.” — Katharine Halpin
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Katharine Halpin:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.