Kanu Kogod is an Anthropologist. Ph.D., Master Certified Coach, and founder of Bridges in Organizations. She developed and facilitated an award-winning transformational leadership program called Leadership Alchemy for NASA. She has worked with individuals and now teams on transformations. In this fascinating discussion, Kanu talks about four key energy types that govern all behavior, and how they assist in our ability to be intuitive. She shares how these energies can transform ourselves, teams, and companies by allowing the inner world of intuition to take on greater importance in how we live our lives.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Kanu Kogod discuss:
- Redirecting our attention during the COVID pandemic, creating our own retreats during this time.
- Making life adjustments so that your actions are sustainable to reduce burn out.
- Allowing new things to manifest in your life.
- The role our intuition plays during dangerous situations.
- Utilizing and nurturing the 4 energies: push, pull, stop, and allow, to benefit your language, body, emotions, and energetic presence.
- Create better boundaries about what you will allow taking place in your life.
- Stopping anxiety (fire) by putting another practice in its place. Pull the new practice toward you, create a new habit, and then reinforce it to stop your anxiety.
- Let your body’s intuition override your anxiety by coming into the present moment and moving the body to quiet anxiety through yoga and breathing exercises.
“Whatever you focus on expands; energy follows attention.” — Kanu Kogod
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Kanu Kogod:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/