Joanne Newlund is a coach and facilitator at Mission Facilitators. She helps individual leaders and their teams understand, use and perfect the art of creativity in leadership. Joanne has advanced training in executive coaching, emotional intelligence and has owned and lead several successful businesses. At Mission Facilitators, she is a senior associate with experience in coaching and facilitating team-building training for small to large companies, such as Microsoft, Boeing, Parker Aerospace, San Marco Unified School District, ExxonMobil, HonorHealth, Salt River Project, and Geiger-Cribbins.
Joanne’s belief matches McKinsey and Company’s 10-year global study of senior knowledge workers that found employees who spend the most time trusting their intuition and experiencing the creative state of “flow” are up to five times more effective than their counterparts.
Joanne’s three-part process overlays her coaching, speaking, and training.
1. Discovering. Getting to ‘root-cause’ by listening and asking probing questions,
2. Preparing. Developing game plans for her clients,
3. Leading. Reframing and suggesting new approaches.
Joanne speaks on leadership, using intuition in decision-making and team building. She has traveled worldwide and led or owned companies in healthcare, design, and home construction. She spends most of her time now in Bend, Oregon, or Phoenix, Arizona.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Joanne Newlund discuss:
- We are all born with intuition; listen to and hone it so that it can guide you.
- Learning to trust, listen to, and act upon your intuitive thoughts.
- Understanding the power we have over our physical bodies and knowing the impacts of prolonged anxiety and stress.
- Have a willingness to let go and expose your intuitive thoughts.
- When you are open to your intuition, you invite more energy in making it more powerful, a tune, and aware.
- When you change your environment, you change your mood and your ability to see things differently.
- Allow yourself to be open while recognizing that not everyone will have your best interest at heart and knowing when to pull back to protect yourself from their negative energy.
- Comprehending that just because someone puts something onto us, we do not have to take it on; it’s ultimately our choice to accept it or leave it.
“We are so much greater than we all think; each of us is a gift to the world.” — Joanne Newlund
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Joanne Newlund:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/