Jamie Sussel Turner is a two-time award-winning author, speaker, and ICF credentialed coach. She helps her clients reduce their stress by up to 75%. Jamie has been featured in The New York Times, received an ATHENA Leadership Award nomination, and served as a speaker curator for TEDxAsburyPark. Before becoming a professional coach, Jamie served as a public school educator, including twelve years as a school principal. She holds Master’s degrees in both Educational Leadership and Elementary Education. Jamie lives with her husband at the Jersey Shore where lessons from three cancer diagnoses led to her more peaceful life. Ever grateful for her magnificent sunset views over the water, she is passionate about her grandchildren, working out, reading, travel, and her daily dose of dark chocolate
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Jamie Susel Turner discuss:
- Coaching people through the firing of an employee.
- Hiring and communication within a business.
- Understanding, pinpointing, managing, and reducing stress by getting in touch with your triggers.
- 7 practices that help reduce stress.
- When you fire someone, do it simply and with humanity.
- Be confident in your ability to delegate by setting and communicating clear expectations.
- The need to feel like you are in control is brought on by feeling like you are out of control.
- Change your mindset to think positively and use stress in a new way, as energy.
“Stress is like the waves in the ocean it will keep coming.”
— Jamie Sussel Turner
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Mentioned: The Upside of Stress by: Kelly McGonigal
How to Make Stress Your Friend Ted Talk by: Kelly McGonigal
Connect with Jamie Sussel Turner:
Books: Less Stress Business
Less Stress Life
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Kristen Braun
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.