Providing second chances to individuals with a criminal past through entrepreneurial, educational, and vocational programs.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and James Monahan discuss:
- Forging a small business incubator.
- Creation and branding of the prison theme.
- Giving back to nonprofits that help the incarcerated or the families of the incarcerated.
- The legal barriers that felons face after prison.
- Helping people to push past the fear of interacting with people that have been in prison by making use of stats and success stories.
- Working to build revenue and help the community.
- Most felons just made a mistake or a wrong choice and need that second chance to prove themselves.
- “Change the way you look at things, and things will change.”
“We don’t want to create jobs; we want to create careers.” — James Monahan
Mentioned: Unit 2 Creations https://www.unit2creations.com/
False Confessions Book https://www.unit2creations.com/new-products/edainpm8lpt6vjz2mhw9wt9f09331z
Prison Break Brewery https://www.prisonbreakbrewery.com/
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with James Monahan:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/