As CEO, Heather leans into her passion for listening – to the SignatureFD team, its clients, and the industry – to create and implement the organization’s vision and mission to impact the lives of 10,000 families.
Practicing a “coach with empathy” leadership style, Heather leverages her unique ability to harmonize people’s passions and talents to build teams and lead organizations that deliver excellent and inspiring client experiences.
Prior to joining SignatureFD in February of 2003, Heather was senior operations supervisor at a trust company, managing all portfolio and security operations. She also worked for an investment management firm in Marietta, Georgia, as a financial associate.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Heather Fortner discuss:
- What it takes to live a Net Worthwhile life
- Shifting your mindset about money
- Internal baggage on financial discussions
- Developing financial literacy while young
- Living a Net Worthwhile life means aligning your wealth in service to what you consider worthwhile in life.
- Working on investing in what’s worthwhile in your life starts with an internal mindshift. You have to trust the financial planning experts, because if you don’t learn to let go you’ll be stuck.
- A lot of people carry a lot of baggage and a lot of fear around the discussion of money. This fear often causes people to become stuck. It takes some skill to have financial conversations. Letting go of those fears and baggage starts with identifying and discussing them.
- Financial literacy should start young. We need to catch them while they are young before they are able to make any big decisions that would cost them huge consequences so that they’ll grow up as financially healthy and responsible adults.
“We are able to meet people where they’re at, help them on the journey to identifying those things that are worthwhile to them but then we also have this beautiful, technical expertise to help them align all of their wealth to the service of those things they find worthwhile. The overlap of those two things is what we call ‘Net Worthwhile’.” — Heather Fortner
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Heather Fortner:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/
Show notes by Podcastologist: Justine Talla
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.