As owner and managing partner of Sun Acquisitions, Domenic helps clients buy and sell businesses across various industries. Since 2005 he’s been personally involved in over 300 transactions for companies with enterprise values of $2 million to $50 million.
Recognizing many business owners didn’t understand the full requirements of a successful exit, acquisition, and scaling processes, he founded K2Adviser. The mission – educate business owners and buyers so they can maximize transaction benefits and minimize transaction risks.
Domenic’s an industry-recognized expert who frequently shares his hard-earned knowledge from the stage, in print, and over the airwaves – including as host of the popular M&A Unplugged podcast.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Domenic Rinaldi discuss:
- The four types of business buyers.
- Buying and selling businesses during the pandemic.
- The remorse that comes with selling your business.
- Investments into purchasing a business in the expectation of a financial return.
- Pivoting and adapting your business to fit the current community needs.
- When selling a business, are you financially ready to leave your business, is your business ready, are you emotionally prepared?
- Be prepared every day to sell your business, so if the worst case happens, you are ready.
- Your business is more buyer-friendly and profitable if it is not reliant on you being a daily part of it.
“The number one thing that buyers and sellers fail to do is prepare for their sale or acquisition.” — Domenic Rinaldi
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Domenic Rinaldi:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/domenicrinaldi/ https://www.linkedin.com/company/k2-adviser/
Show: M & A Unplugged https://sunacquisitions.com/podcasts/
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/