Conrad is a Master Chair of five Vistage peer groups, comprising of CEOs, business owners, and C-Level Executives. Vistage International is the world’s leading CEO Peer Advisory Membership Organization. Vistage helps CEOs and their direct reports make better decisions through a unique suite of services, including;
- monthly problem-solving meetings with peers,
- individual coaching,
- expert speaker workshops,
- a Web-based best practices library, and
- access to a worldwide network of more than 20,000 executives in 19 countries.
Conrad and his wife Julie started Ethos Consulting, an executive search firm that placed and developed executives. Today, they own Expect Success Tools, where he is an advisor to senior executives focused on increasing leadership impact, maximizing organizational performance, and building top-tier teams. Conrad coaches individuals and groups to facilitate team effectiveness. He also helps them exceed their expectations through the use of the Management by Expectations model.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Conrad Prusak discuss:
- Smart goals and KPIs.
- Using the calendar for accountability through due dates and deadlines.
- The results gleaned from a lack of clarity from leadership.
- Creating exciting and actionable steps for employee success.
- Curiosity is invaluable.
- It’s essential to set expectations and not assume that everyone knows them.
- Seek the truth by asking for the truth; seek honesty from your employees.
- Avoid vagueness in your actions and expectations.
“You manage things, but you lead people.” — Conrad Prusak
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Conrad Prusak:
Book: Expect Success https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08P8SJ7PR/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B08P8SJ7PR&linkCode=as2&tag=ethos04-20&linkId=a3b98012b3ba0ff536baba134a3740ff
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/