Christine Whitney Sanchez is a social entrepreneur, consultant, coach, and architect of large-scale transformation. She has worked across five continents to build the capacity for mindful leadership, strategic collaboration, and thriving organizations and communities.
As the Chief Culture Officer for the University Technology Office, she collaboratively designs and advances an integrated approach to developing a conscious, collaborative culture and organizational soul. She actively works within and beyond ASU to co-develop solutions to critical social, cultural, and environmental issues and opportunities.
Integrating her experience as a psychotherapist, Christine focuses on leadership from the inside out. Taking a holistic approach to change, she engages the whole system to build on strengths and create the conditions for success.
Christine has guided tens of thousands of stakeholders to resolve thorny issues and generate new opportunities. She has trained thousands of change leaders around the globe in strength-based approaches to leadership and organization development. She has facilitated some of the most extensive intergenerational conversations in the world.
In this episode, Dean Newlund and Christine Whitney Sanchez discuss:
- What is culture, and how relevant is it in organizations?
- The personality and the soul of the organization – the difference between and how it affects company culture.
- Culture building through foundation-setting and facilitation
- The role of intuition in engagement and responsible innovation
- Be mindful of and take care of your organization’s Soul (its higher purpose) as much as you take care of its Personality (what it’s known for).
- Leaders are responsible for shaping or cultivating the organization’s culture – by deciding which traits of the company culture they should allow or cut off.
- The concept of “responsible innovation”: making sure that any invention doesn’t have any unintended consequences.
- Intuition plays a role in determining whether we’re on the right track in a project or not – often people forget to listen to their intuition whenever something “doesn’t feel right.”
“We can allow, rather than make or force, the people within our organization… to truly contribute to the culture.” — Christine Whitney Sanchez.
See Dean’s TedTalk “Why Business Needs Intuition” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEq9IYvgV7I
Connect with Christine Whitney Sanchez:
Connect with Dean:
The Mission Statement E-Newsletter: https://www.mfileadership.com/blog/